It is a permit that gives you the right to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days every six months to settle or study.
The residence permit application process in Turkey is valid for anyone who wants to stay in the country for more than 3 months. This includes students, employees, non-citizens and foreigners married to Turkish citizens, anyone doing scientific research, and foreign property buyers.
Tourist visa can be used by those who want to stay less than this period (except for countries with a visa agreement). However, they cannot stay in Turkey for more than 90 days within 180 days.
In April 2022, new rules for obtaining a residence permit for foreigners in Turkey were determined. According to the new regulation, foreigners will no longer be able to apply for a residence permit with a rental agreement. Foreigners must be a property owner in order to obtain a long-term residence permit in Turkey.
As of April 27, 2022, in order for foreigners to apply for a residence permit as a property owner in Turkey, the real estate value in question must be at least 75,000 USD in metropolitan cities such as Antalya, Istanbul and Ankara. It is sufficient that the minimum real estate value is 75,000 USD in other small cities.
If a foreigner buys only a residential property in Turkey, he or she gets a residence permit in Turkey. You should not forget that you need to buy a house or apartment to get a foreign residence permit. If the ownership continues, the residence permit is renewed every year. The extension of the foreign residence permit must be made every year before the expiry of the residence permit.
However, it should be known that the government has imposed various restrictions on the residence permit, taking into account the density of foreigners in various regions in Turkey.
In these limitations: except for newborn and nuclear family reunification, temporary protection registration, international protection registration, residence permit, temporary protection or international protection and residence permit change of foreigners are restricted.
As of July 1, 1169 regions have been closed to residence permits. The regions that are closed to residence permit in Antalya are as follows:
Antalya/Döşemealtı AOSB 2. Part
Antalya/Döşemealtı AOSB 3. Part
Residence Permit by Purchasing Real Estate in Turkey
If you are planning to stay in Turkey for a long time, AxA Pp® recommends buyers to purchase residential property for residence permit in Turkey. We provide comprehensive services in obtaining a residence permit for foreigners in Turkey.
- Real estate title is the most important factor in the renewal of the residence permit and the key to becoming a Turkish citizen.
- If one of the family members (husband or wife) who owns a house in Turkey obtains a residence permit, the rest of the family members (except for children over 18) automatically have the same rights.
- Real estate residence permit gives you the right to apply for Turkish citizenship after 5 years.
There are various ways to obtain a residence permit in Turkey. Today we will tell you about the terms and conditions of the residence permit by buying a property.
Residence Permit Obtained by Purchasing Real Estate
Buying real estate enables foreign investors to obtain a residence permit.
Requirements and Documentation:
- The applicant must be over eighteen (18) years of age.
- Copy of your passport notarized by the Turkish Notary or Turkish Consulates. (Consulates have notary offices in foreign countries.) Passport must be translated at a notary public.
- 4 biometric photos (white background) must not be older than 6 months to upload during your online application.
- Valid health insurance. This condition is not required for foreigners younger than eighteen (18) or older than sixty-five (65).
- If these documents are obtained from Turkish authorities, they must be signed and stamped. If they are taken from foreign countries, they must have notarized translations.